Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sweet Spot






If you love chocolate, pack your bags and head for Pennsylvania. I’ve gotten word from a friend who works at the Hershey Resort about a month long series of events and activities that begins on Friday, Jan 30th called Chocolate Covered February. She even sent photos from last years doings to lure me into coming.
The hotel, lodge, and museum located in the hometown of candy kisses, and just a six hour drive from Cleveland, are offering an irresistible array of chocolate infused entertainment: tastings, themed dinners, chef demos, and dessert buffets. Book a room and spend your days and nights filling truffles, learning about pods and nibs, attending cooking school, and going cocoa crazy at Sunday brunch. '
What really grabs my attention are the more adult pleasures. I’m talking alcohol not anything x-rated: sessions for sampling chocolate paired with wines, rum, or cognac; and Saturday cocktail classes that promise to make me a master of the chocolate martini.

Since everybody knows- and scientific studies confirm- that women crave chocolate more than any other food, I can’t think of a better spot for a girlfriends’ getaway. On the other hand the chemical stew that is chocolate is said to be a stimulant and an aphrodisiac, prompting energy surges and a sense of lightheaded giddiness that feels a lot like love. So this could be just the thing for you and your sweetie. As for me- I could be happy all by my lonesome as long as I have a reservation at the Spa for a whipped cocoa bath, a chocolate bean polish, and a 50 minute cocoa massage.

No comments: