Friday, December 19, 2008

So Kerry Wood called Cleveland Magazine

The phone rang from an Unknown number. The voice on the other end was shocking.

"Hi this is Kerry Wood..."

Holy cow! How did Kerry Wood get my direct line? Why is he calling me? This is so cool.

"...and I'm very excited to be a new member of the Cleveland Indians family."

I'm excited, too. It's nice to see the Dolans pay for a big-name free agent. If Pronk turns it around, this could be our year.

"I'm looking forward to playing in front of the passionate fans at Progressive Field this summer, and I hope you will be there, too."

Slow down, Kerry. Let me get a "hello" in at least.

"I want to make sure you heard about our new extended payment plan which allows you to pay for your season ticket plan over the next six months. Time is running out to take advantage of this great opportunity. Call us at 216-420-HITS. Thank you for your time and I'm looking forward to seeing you soon at Progressive Field."



A robo-call from Kerry Wood? Boo. I sure hope he pitches 9th innings better than season ticket plans.

No comments: