Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's Important to Have Goals

The Cleveland's A Plum blog has been lobbying for inclusion in our pages as a "Hot Blog" for some time now. Though we haven't done another installment of the roundup in the mag since the campaign started, we're detecting a note of ... hmm ... let's call it "turning it up a notch" as of late. From today's Cleveland's A Plum post:

"why does cleveland magazine hate me? my only goal when i started this flippin' awesome cleveland themed blog a year and a half ago was to get a cleveland magazine mention. seriously, they won't even follow me on twitter! don't make me beg - i preach cleveland for christ's sake."

Right now, we'd like to emphasize, as our parents did to us: a.) it's important to have goals, and b.) all we expect of you is to do your best. As long as you've done that, everything else will take care of itself.

Anyway, we recommend checking out Cleveland's A Plum ... and, we're now following on Twitter.

Even better, follow us on Twitter, too.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm...seems like anytime mentions "hating" Cleveland magazine, they get mentioned in your blog.

Andy Netzel said...

You've cracked our formula!

mattt said...

I'm going to start to work on my "I Hate Cleveland Magazine" post pronto. P.S. follow me on Twitter as well, you bastards!

:-)

matt said...

wow - extra points for hitting a bonus keystroke on one's own name.

Sheesh.

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

how am i only seeing this now?!?

oh yeah, work.

seriously, thanks guys, but don't think you are getting off the hook till i see myself in the glossy pages of the magazine....

i'll even write the story, i do know myself the best - haha.

Narm said...

I think even Alexa would agree that I would write a MUCH better story about her than she would. Cleveland's celebrity blogger - through the eyes of her protege.

Thanks again for the feature in the Jan issue!

Maxie said...

clevelandsaplum is the only thing I like about ohio.

rachaelgking said...

I LOVE YOU ALEXA!!! *throws panties*

LBluca77 said...

Alexa is the best thing to happen to Ohio.

Unknown said...

I thought that I had "made it" when I was mentioned by Cleveland Magazine's blog. Now I need to aspire to have followers who want to throw their panties at me.

Gosh, this blogging thing is difficult.

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

roxetta - you gotta hang in the cool kids blogging circle to get people to throw their panties at you. and it's not difficult, just write what you know...

ahhh, the power of social media.

Unknown said...

Apparently there aren't any panty throwing vegetarians in town.

Siiiigh.

Allison M. said...

maxie...we must meet in person. There are lots of things to like about Cleveland.

Maxie said...

@roxetta- I don't know you, but I'll throw my panties at you. Anything for a blogger.

@allison- we do need to meet, but i'm not sure you'll sway me on ohio.

Christina K said...

Go Alexa!

Marie said...

Alexa is the bestest! How have you not noticed before?! But better late than never!

TraciJ said...

I LOVE Alexa's blog - I grew up in the Cleveland area (live in SF now) and her 'haunts' bring back memories of where I used to hang out! I still LOVE CLEVELAND ~ Way to go CLEVELAND'S A PLUM!!!=)

Give her a piece in your magazine already, she makes Cleveland shine via the Internet!

megabrooke said...

i heart alexa!

Suburban Sweetheart said...

Maxie, you live in West Virginia; you don't get to rip on the OH.

Congrats, Alexa!

Much love from a former Cleveland Mag intern. ;)