Friday, August 13, 2010

Fab Fall Shoes

Here I am entering week four of my "no new summer shoes" challenge and interestingly enough forgoing summer shoe splurges have not been as difficult as I envisioned. I mean sandals are just little strips of leather glued to either a flat sole or platform heel, right? Well not really, but I have to find some sort of comfort in this process. Summer shoes definitely have their appeal however true shoe lovers salivate at the thought of a great pair of fall shoes or boots, especially the boots. As summer quickly moves along I find myself counting down the days to fall and the end of my shoe buying ban so that I can shop for shoes again. The problem is the selection of fab fall shoes and boots that have already hit the retail scene. It has been a true test of wills as I speed fast the shoe department of my fave stores so that I am not overcome by the temptation to stop, look, try, and then buy. As a new fashion mag arrives in my mailbox or online retailers alert me of more fall shoe fabness, my must have list keeps getting longer and longer. Right now here are my top five fall shoe must haves: 1) Ugg Australia 'Lynnea' ankle boot, 2) Sam Edelman 'Sanford' knee boot, 3) Steve Madden 'Harllem' boot, 4) Stuart Weitzman 'Ironlady' bootie, and lastly 5) Christian Louboutin Point-toe pumps. As my shoe list grows, I'm sure the money that I saved by not buying summer shoes will be well spent as I stock up on fall foot luxuries.

Fashionably yours,
Frenchye

No comments: